My first thought was "
hmmm, interesting...." Once I began reading the recommendations for subscriptions and getting the hang of what
RSS can be I thought, "Oh, I get it now!" Using
RSS for the classroom would be great for daily current events or news competitions. I'm not sure exactly how it would play out but I can see students rushing to their readers, trying to get the necessary news flash first; presenting or submitting blog comments on the subject before the bell tolls. You know, something like that.
Personally, RSS will be a time saver since I can just go to one site and read everything. One thing I did discovered in doing this exercise was I don't visit a lot of sites that have streaming news but am now excited about exploring the possibilities....SPCG
I really like your idea of using the RSS news feed to build student interest in current events. (I can remember cutting articles out of newspapers to bring in to share with the class when I was in school! - I know, that REALLY dates me.)
ReplyDeleteIt could also be a springboard for the discussion of how you choose the news feed(s) so that you get accurate and balaced news reporting.
Keep up the good work!