I could see podcasts playing a role in my classroom as projects created by students & reviews created for students. They may also assist substitute teachers. I could create a few emergency podcast lesson plans (with a hard copy of course) in case of unexpected absence. I do prefer enhanced podcast for visual learners. They really need to "see" it to retain or receive it. A picture in this case would definitely accent those thousand words. They could also be used to help students to better understand what they are reading simply by hearing someone else tell he story.
I don't see administration being a challenge as we are told constantly to embrace technology and infuse it into our classrooms as much as possible. I would have to be creative about air-times and in order to avoid abuse of such a wonderful resource.
I do think students who struggle will benefit the most through repetition, taking notes or even illustrating the cast if it is not enhance. Unfortunately, the students who need it most will most likely not be the ones using them unless it is required, bummer....SPCG
No comments:
Post a Comment