Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good stuff on the site but issues like that with You Tube (Teacher Tube, not so Much) that need to be addressed if it indeed going to press onward. Our school does not allow You Tube during school hours....SPCG
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Thing 22
You Tube....Well, what I like about it and what I dislike is the same: you can find just about anything on there. My son is taking a class this summer that addresses and teaches safe and appropriate Internet uses as one of the topics. Each student had to make their own websites and some embedded a video of themselves using You Tube. I watched one (which happened to be my nephew's) and when it was complete, at the bottom of the video there was a scrolling bar. That's not the problem. What was scrolling was ridiculously inappropriate. That's the problem. I'm sure there are ways that undesirable content like that can be hidden or deleted from presentations but then students are still exposed to it if they don't know what they're doing. I don't think that will go over well with parents. It didn't go over well with me when it was my nephew's work that was tainted by foolishness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment