Monday, July 26, 2010
Thing 19
Tagging....it seems like the same old thing you'd do if you were naming a bookmark folder or maybe I just don't get it. It is convenient to be able to share them with others so easily but I must admit, all the publicity is starting to become a bit much for me. I don't know that I'd use social bookmarking very much unless it was in an educational setting to assign reading or professional development information. I don't really like the idea of becoming a part of a bunch of communities. As it said in the article, the biggest con is that it is just one more place you have to check up on and take care to update. There has to be a way to combine some of these tools so that everything is not all over the place. Ending on the positive, if you are a part of a community that agrees to certain conditions (i.e. responsible research) then social bookmarking could be an awesome thing....SPCG
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment