Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing 10: My Wiki

Finally, I had a chance to create a wiki and I had to make myself sign out! It was easy and fun to do. I am interested in how to customize it just a bit more. I'd love to set my wiki up more like a newsletter as in Davis's wiki. It was a lot more visually appealing.

I will definitely be using wikis as a reference tool for parents/students with calendars, homework/project question and answer spots (maybe as blog link so the information can be tracked and evaluated) for group assignments and collaborative study guides. I would definitely want to add a feature that alerts me when something has been modified in order to monitor activity. That part of the read/write or in this case "edit" Web is still a bit awkward but I want to give it a whirl anyway. Not much else to say but since it's morning I guess I'll bid you good day....SPCG

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Slow Paced City Girl, I think I could play with wikis all night long. Customizing, changing, editing are all fun and exciting ways to make it more appealing for the students and others to read.

    I too think that these reference tools (as you listed above) are great ways to communicate with our classroom community.

    Good Evening to you. Rick

    ReplyDelete